Safe Driver Check List
Use these simple tips and improve your driving:
- DO NOT text and drive
- DO NOT talk on the cell phone while driving
- Drive defensively. Anticipate another driver’s errors
- Don’t race the engine or make it stall; instead, accelerate smoothly
- Avoid sudden “jerks”. Start to break well ahead of where you must stop.
- Don’t grid the gears. Make sure you vehicle is in the right gear
- Use three-second rule to follow at a safe distance.
- Always obey the posted speed limits and the traffic signals
- Switch from the correct line to the correct lane and always signal for all your lane changes
- Always check you blind spots before changing lanes and check your mirrors frequently